Wide Open Baja Off Road
Ever dreamed of being an off-road racer? Well, here is your chance to test your skills over the bumps and jumps of Baja's rugged dessert terrain. This exclusive tour will let you experience the thrill of driving a certified and tested Baja 1000 off road buggy. After donning your protective helmet, gloves and goggles, you will be strapped into your enclosed buggy by a five point professional racing harness, which will help ensure your safety. All driving will be done on a private ocean-side track under the expert guidance of five-time Baja 1000 champion Ryan Thomas. This tour includes an introductory class to off road racing as well as a ride along lap with an instructor to get a feel for the car and the course.
• Off road buggies are the same as ones used in the Baja 1000, only with a smaller engine than used in race models.
• Buggies are built by the same company that manufactures buggies for the US Navy Seal division of the military.
• Fully reinforced roll cage that will protect all passengers if car rolls over.
• All seats have a professional five-point safety harness. Five-point means that both shoulders and both legs are securely fastened to the seat and vehicle.
• All driving is done on a private track, where only these vehicles are allowed to drive.
• Track is monitored daily to ensure safety and enjoyment.
• All driving is done under expert guidance of five-time Baja 1000 winner Ryan Thomas.
• All drivers are professionals and have 26 years combined experience.
• All cars have a closed circuit communications system so passengers can communicate with one another.
• Helmets are top of the line Shoei brand and come in sizes S-XL.
• Gloves and goggles are also provided.
Duration of Tour: 3.5 Hours
Maximum Capacity: 10 pax.
Minimum: 8 pax.
Beverages: One 12 oz soft drink or bottled water.
Activity Level: 4-Extreme